Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I get my empty nest back!

Our youngest son completed his health and safety training in December to become a member of IBEW353. His dad and older brother are already members of the union. We found out today that DS2 starts working tomorrow in downtown Toronto, working for the same company that his dad and brother have worked at since '84 and '07 - I couldn't be prouder! I've already warned him that he has to go through the "My son is now a pre-apprentice!" hazing that I put his brother through last summer - attack of the photographing momma!!! As long as I get up early enough (they leave at 5:00 a.m. to head into Toronto) I'll get photos :D

His dad is going to drop him off on a street corner tomorrow morning, and he has to catch a bus and then 2 subway trains to get to to his location. I hope he isn't as directionally challenged as his mom (aka ME!) or he's screwed, LOL. I know he was hoping to be sent to a location that wasn't on the busline so he'd have to take the car - I'm glad he won't have to do that - I'm already nervous enough about his brother driving into Toronto - if I had 2 of them doing that, I'd totally lose it!

I don't have a photo to post that relates to this story, so enjoy looking at my Zoomer explaining the facts of life :D

BTW - there's a major storm headed towards Toronto - it should arrive sometime tomorrow morning -- aaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee YIKES! Two kids and hubby headed into that - I'll be a wreck all damn day long!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on sonny doing his pre-apprenticeship! I will be biting my nails with you in the a.m. We are in the midst of an ice storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty great that there will be trois electricians in the house!!

    You should never have to change a lightbulb again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails