Friday, February 6, 2009

Fabulous zippered bag tutorial :)

Thanks to Miss Corinne in Aussie,I've now learned how to make a sweet lined and zippered bag where NO raw edges or seams show - it's frigging AMAZING! The whole thing takes under half an hour to make - it really is incredibly simple! The tutorial is here - I'm definitely going to try the version with the strap, when I get the hardware. Sweet project, Corinne - thanks so much! I'm typing this post on the dinosaur computer in the studio so I'll get a picture of my two bags and upload them from the laptop upstairs :D

Most of the zippers I had in my stash were too short to use for this project, so I had to use whatever I could find --- I didn't want to use "special" fabric until I made sure I could make these with no problems. I've already pulled out some nice fabrics for which I'll get matching zippers - I'm already planning on making more of these little pretties!

5 comments:

  1. Your little bags are so cute. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Will be checking the tutorial. Juju

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these bags... yet another project I MUST do! You always find the coolest stuff. Oh, by the way ~ you won my give away. Drop me an email with your snail mail address and I'll get your giftee out in the mail asap! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun. I love them. Well all your bags are great. I enjoyed making them once I got over my zipper phobia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, you are just a sewing fool, girl! When do you ever rest? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails