Friday, March 20, 2009

My UFO Challenge :)

My friend Bella and I both started a project several years ago that neither of us ended up finishing. I know, I know - who starts something they don't finish - it's unheard of in the quilting world!!! *falls on the floor laffing* :D We decided earlier this week that we're both going to get the project done and ready to hang by summer. The challenge starts today - appropriately - the first day of spring! The project is Beach Cottages Quilt by Piece by Number.





Pictured - the pattern, the top as assembled so far, the blocks I still need to assemble, and the fabrics I have to finish the project with. I have a LOT of work to do yet - yikes!

1. Assemble and add row #4 - the cabanas
2. Add sand strip
3. Assemble and add row #5 - ocean waves
4. Add ocean strip
5. Add inner border
6. Add outer border
7. Add embellishments
8. Layer, baste, quilt, bind, label, add hanger, HANG!

Bella - let's make this interesting - if one of us doesn't have the project completely finished and hung by the first day of summer - June 21 - that person has to send the other one a summery package - a summery fat quarter, a quilty notion or pattern, and some summery embellishments!!! Deal? :)

4 comments:

  1. Remind to never 'mention' UFO's to you again! You want it to be a challenge...ok, babe, it's a challenge...and I can't wait to see what suprise you have to send me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look -- my challenge cohort showed up - and seems to think she's going to win and I'm going to lose! BRING IT ON, girlfriend!!!! I say NC is mailing to ON ... not the other way around, woooooohooooooooooo!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish you luck.

    its gorgeous so far

    tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are too funny. I love what you've done so far. I think I may have that pattern. If not, I definitely need it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails