Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tote by Khris by Sandra :D

My friend Khris in Australia recently posted a tutorial for a tote bag she had designed.  I decided it needed to be tested here in Canada, hehe, so I whipped one up tonight using some stash remants :)  I tried to use up all of the bits and pieces I had left, so I used the lining fabric for the outside pocket.  I had enough scraps left over to make a very small zipper bag, but I'll make that tomorrow.  Once I got the orientation organized (my fabric is directional so I had to make a few changes to the layout) I whipped the bag up in just a couple of hours.  I added Warm and Natural batting to mine which gives it the "heft" I like ;)  It finished up to 17" x 11" x 3" :)

It worked out perfectly, and I already have fabrics picked out to make a couple more of these lovely bags, lol.  Thanks so much for the tutorial and idea, Khris!

4 comments:

  1. what a hooting cooote tote....love the owls...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tote Sandra....that fabric turned out sooo cute to hoot! Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy girl! I love the owl fabric on that tote. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra thanks for the warm welcome and I love your tote.
    Take care
    tess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails