Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Zakka Style sewalong bag under construction


I took this picture in the basement so I can't get the colour quite right.  The main parts of the bag are a neutral taupey lineny type fabric, with log cabin blocks for the front, and some one seam 3D flying geese blocks for the back.  They're top-stitch quilted onto Warm and Natural batting.  This is the first project I'm doing for the Zakka Style sewalong - they call it a zigzag bag, but I'm doing it a bit differently :D

 Here's the "Snap Trap" bag I tried out yesterday - I'll make a few changes when I do it again - this one was just a trial run out of ugly-ish fabric.
 Here's the inside of the snap open part ...
and you can't really see it well, but the inside of the zippered pocket shows the wrong side of the lining fabric.  I don't like that - I'll fix that when I make the next one, by adding an extra piece of fabric there.  I'll also make the bag a bit bigger - this one is quite small - 5 1/2" x 4 1/2".  It's a great design idea though - those measuring tape snap bags are great, and I have lots of measuring tape (reclaimed from construction sites!) I can use up!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Do you know why they call it 3D flying geese? I can't figure that out. The tote parts are looking great, Sandra, and I think your little snap trap bag turned out cute! I would add an extra piece of fabric too, don't like the idea of the wrong side of the lining fabric showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, loving your changes to the tote - the colors are fab. The little snap bag is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your "snap trap" and the colours.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails