Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Covered buttons - who knew? :D

A Zaaberry messenger bag (kid sized) I recently completed - the covered buttons couldn't be easier to make.  Cut a circle, gather it with basting stitches, tuck the button blank inside and pull the thread, stick the back on and push it down.  I think it took about 2 or 3 minutes to cover each button - will pick up more blanks at Fabricland's 50% off sale :D

Here's a side view of the messenger bag - I have 5 DVD's (in plastic cases) tucked inside, which should give you an idea of the size :)  This messenger bag (and the teacup bag below) will be going to Blue Hills :)

And last, but not least, a couple of zipper bag finishes --- the teacup fabric (left, purple) was given to me by my friend Deb in AZ - thanks Deb! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh... these are all so cute! And so are the pillowcases from your previous post. What would we do without all these fun fabrics to sew with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That messenger bag is DARLING. I've only done a couple of covered buttons, don't know why since they really are easy, lol! The bags are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son got me a kit for making fabric buttons for my birthday. I had not idea how easy they were either! Love that you can fussy cut to get little designs on they, too.

    What a cheerful little set of bags. You will be brightening up some lives with these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo cute. I love the covered buttons idea. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That messenger bag is adorable. I know a few little guys that would love them. And covered buttons - they are great. Don't know why I forget to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails