Thursday, May 25, 2017

I have peeeeeeeeeectures :)

Hubby and I went for a mini vacation in New York a few days ago - we spent time in Watertown - shopping, and visiting my brother, sister-in-law and nephew ... then we headed to Clifton Park to visit our friends Barbara (Baye Leaf) and Brian, for chatting and shopping and eats and more shopping.  I wish we'd had more time because Barbara and I would have played sewing machine - I wanted us to make a fishy bag together.  Next time!

I managed to pick up 33 yards (30 meters) of fabric during our short visit.  Then there was a bolt of iron-on interfacing, 2 queen size quilt batts, some pretty buttons, some rope for baskets (inspired by Kathy, who has been making awesome rope baskets!) I didn't manage to find cotton rope so I bought something similar, just to try the craft.  If I enjoy it I'll hit Ace Hardware the next time we go Stateside, and nab some :)

Here are some of the bits and pieces I got - most of them were on sale, of course :D  I will admit that the turquoisey blue Jaws print was my favourite purchase of all of them - I don't even know what I'm going to make with it (or it might just ripen in stash for a long time!) but I had to have it - JAWS FABRIC!  What a world we live in, lolol!


Remnants

Fat quarters

My favourite of all my purchases - the Jaws print with a Keepsake Calico that works *perfectly* with it :)

Close-up of Jaws :D

Close-up of Jaws boat print :D

Jaws boat print :)

Pokemon print for pillowcase, with the turquoisey blue print I grabbed for the cuff

GIRL POWER!  Girl superhero fabric - why isn't there more of this around?!  Girls *are* superheroes!

OK I have to go get some housework done - it's a rainy grey drizzly day - perfect weather for staying inside and playing with the new fabric cleaning and doing housework :D

7 comments:

  1. And it was, indeed, a lovely visit. Thanks for coming down and spending the day. While sewing didn't happen, I was able to snag some good ideas from you along with good company at four fabric shopping stops.

    May I just say that the jaws fabric matched with the Keepsake Quilting one is even more beautiful in person? We'll I'm sayin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 metres?? That will keep you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did pick up some great pieces! Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time spent with a friend, and fabric purchases - what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric shopping with friends is always about who is a better enabler. Glad you found some rope to play with. I was very restrained on my trip. One tiny fat quarter that goes with a dog sledding alaskan print I got via a trade a few months ago.
    Have fun petting your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, good haul! I look forward to seeing your rope bowl, they're really fun to sew. I'm not sure it matters whether it's cotton or not....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've really missed a lot of posts while the school year was finishing up and I was taking beginning of my summer vacations! After seeing all of the fabric you picked up on your trip, I feel much better about the amount of fabrics I bought on a road trip in the last couple of days :) I can't wait to see what you make with all of your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails