Thursday, July 27, 2017

2 of 20 - the upcycle odyssey continues :D

Last month I posted about buying 20 pairs of kids jeans from a thrift store, for a buck a pair.  My intention was to stitch them into zipper bags - I managed to get 8 bags out of the first pair of jeans (after adding more fabrics and notions, etc.).  I went on to pair #2, and ended up with 5 more bags :)


A couple of zipper bags sized to fit the pockets that I salvaged from this pair of jeans :D

3 rocket zipper bags (pattern here) using upcycled denim and stash fabrics :)

In the first picture I threw some sewing clips on the table to bling up the photograph - these are a recent purchase from Amazon (NAYY) - I had them on watch for a while and when they went on sale, I bought - 30% off is 30% off!  The first thing I noticed when I took them out of the bag, was the fact that they're PRETTY.  Not all sewing notions are pretty, but these clips are, lol.  They're a no name version of Wonder Clips, and these are the jumbo sized ones.  My lovely friend Nancy pointed out that the hole in the back of the clip means we can pin these to a design wall (or hang from a pegboard) and use them as clips - brilliant!  I'm happy I bought these - they're cute AND practical :)

I'll try to remember to keep a running total of the finishes from these jeans - #1 was 8 and #2 is 5, for a total of 13 :)  I'm actually on pair #5 now but just now got around to taking pictures, lol.  Some of the finishes involve velcro rather than zippers ;)

5 comments:

  1. So so cute - love those rocket ships! I tried the Wonder Clips but didn't like them for quilting, might like the jumbo ones for a bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! You are getting a lot of bang for your buck with those jeans!!! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't live without my wonder clips, both large and small. Great finishes, especially the pocket zippies with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my wonder clips - almost as much as I love your recycled pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. Are you using a 'denim' needle?
    I wouldn't have the patience to redo 1 pair of jeans, let alone 20.

    Mickie just passed your blog on to me.
    Was great getting to meet you this summer, hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails