Friday, May 9, 2008
Dead router = getting some sewing done ...
For a couple of weeks now we've had intermittent internet service because the wireless router died. Linksys says they're replacing it as it's under warranty, but it's sure taking a long time. 2 weeks later we're still waiting, and in the interim, it's been awful.
I've managed to get some sewing done, but even THAT had it's problems, as my Babylock went into overdrive again and killed the cat quilt I was working on. The thread nests, the bad stitches, the broken needles (5 in one day was the record), the chewed up seams, the seams that had to be ripped - I put it quilt aside - I can't even bear to look at it right now - it's awful. I pulled out the borrowed Kenmore and did some utility projects to keep myself occupied, and to bust some stash. Fortunately I had some success in that department! Lots of bibs and a blue boy quilt for C4C (donation group), and a Sponge Bob quilt for our crossing guard, who has been granted custody of her 2 1/2 year old grandson. There are 4 more bibs somewhere, but I can't find the picture :D
I'm not sure this post will even upload - the connection seems to fade in and out, lol. I can't wait for this problem to get fixed!