My goal for week #5 was to sew on border #2 and to make and sew on border #3. I got those done, and have most of the last border sewn as well. I like the way the cornerstones look - I've never done them before, but I'll definitely use that technique again - it does a really nice job of separating the border strips! My goal for week #6 is to get the last border sewn on, and then start removing the paper from the blocks. That's definitely not my favorite job, as I think most paper piecers will agree, lol. BLAH!
While I was down in the studio I got some other sewing done too - I fixed 3 pairs of jeans for hubby and DS1 (they're going to $hit when they see I actually DID the mending, lol), made another zipper bag (meow!) and put together another shelter quilt. It just needs a bit of freemo quilting on it and it'll be finished - I think it measures 18" X 24" - it's backed with part of an NHL fleece blanket (from the thrift store) :D
Tomorrow - if nothing bad happens to my feet - hubby and I head to Niagara Falls (stateside) for a quilt show and some Joanns shopping - I can't wait! If I'm up to it we'll spend the night so I can do more shopping on Sunday, but if my feet are bothering me we'll come home tomorrow. My fingers are crossed for an overnighter :D