Thursday, October 23, 2008

XS doesn't stand for "extra small" ...

especially referring to MOI, lolol. However, in today's post, it stands for cross-stitch - a delightful needlecraft I haven't practiced in a great number of years. I kept coming across freebie patterns online and my interest was repiqued, so I started saving SMALL project patterns to perhaps try. Here's the first project I've completed in years - actually it's not even a project yet - it's just a finished pattern, lol. It's going to be made into a pincushion. I think. :) It measures a tad over 3" square, was stitched on 14 count Aida cloth (from Freecycle!!!) and the pattern is from Lizzie Kate :) I need to get better lighting in my family room so I can continue to do XS - my eyes would prefer 11 count but YUCK! LOL!!!

Oh - and thanks to my SIL Heather for the reminder on how to start the stitches off with a loop ... I had totally forgotten that until you mentioned it and figured it out - I hope your XS'ing is going well ... and that you'll post pics on your blog soon, LOL!!!

Me :)

2 comments:

  1. Love FReecycle. This will make a lovely pincushion

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely. I'm stitching the same design @ the moment.

    Sue
    Western Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails