Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nope - not liking my faux box ends :D





I've long been convinced that this method of boxing bag ends, was a trick - it looks like it shouldn't work, and in my case, it didn't! LOL! I may not have sewn the ends 100% accurately - they're close, but the sides may be a bit unequal - perhaps this explains the wonkiness of my results. The pattern came from Corinne @ Heart of Mary - I think I would have liked the "soft" boxy corners if mine had worked out better. I like this bag and will try it again - next time I'll MacGyver square cut-outs for step 10 and see how that works. I really should try to practice the faux technique so I can get it to work, but sometimes you just want to get a project finished, rather than learn a life lesson ;)

So - I give the pattern an 8/10, and I give my sewing skills, for today, a 3, lol. I blame it on my hand problems - of course my stitching would normally be perfect. *cough* *cough* *choke* *choke* *wink* :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks fine ! Love the fabric, what are you going to do with all these bags you are making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' lovely!!!
    I saw you're a bag addict...
    thank you for your visit...:)
    Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great. I don't think that the "wonkiness" as you call it shows at all. Very cute!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails