Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A few Christmas gifts I made this year :)


Library tote set for Lleyton :)


Library tote set for Matteo, Madelena and Massimo :)

READ totes - adapted from a pattern from this seller
Penguins - Clara (and Clarence) from this seller :)

Batik set for my SIL Heather :)  Boxy bag 8.5"w x 3"t x 4"d (cut 12x14, 1.25" boxes, 3/8" s.a.).  Flex frame bag = 4.5"w x 7"t including casings.
Fabric baskets - 4.5" x 4.5" x 4.5".  Tutorial from orangeflowerpatterns.blogspot.com but is no longer on the site.  Fabric is basically cut to 9.5" x 13.5", with 2" boxes cut.  Little gifties were tucked inside before giving these to Matteo, who promptly pretended they were hats and put them on his 8 month old twin brother/sister, LOL.
Red Riding Hood bag set for my sister, "Grammie" - made with Japanese linen.  Boxy bag has a RRH charm zipper pull because I am COOL (and found it on Etsy, hehe) :)

Onesies I embellished for (L-R) LLeyton, Massimo, Madelena :)

                                                                    

12 comments:

  1. What lovely presents. I love the onesie's and the little fabric boxes and the pouch sets are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything! I'm big on giving kids books as gifts. Must get some of those bags done ahead. Looks like some little people had great holidays with those gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've had the best time making all your goodies. They are very attractive and fun.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely things!! The onesies are adorable and the Library sets are fab, love those penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the themed gifts with the books and softies in the READ bags. And those onsies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of giving books and a bag to put them in. I almost always give our little people at least one book each birthday and Christmas. Love the library tote with READ appliqued on, Sandra. My favourite of all these great projects, is the Little Red Riding Hood set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must get some of those book bags ready for gifting. For someone who so often gives kids books as gifts, I don't know how I never thought of the idea of making bags like this. Perfect. (Also perfect: your fabrics. You really do have an eye for color. With your projects, I always see beyond the item to drool over the fabrics, etc. you've used to create them.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely gifts but those onesies are totally delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these gifts. Especially the scraps from LRRH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! All of your gifts are so cute =D I love the little monkey fabric totes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little behind on my posts. These are delightful. What cute penguins. Love the bag and pouches and those onesies are one of a kind. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails