Sunday, November 6, 2016

OMG for November - my goal, and OMG's new home :D

Last month was my first attempt at the OMG (one monthly goal) challenge, hosted by Heidi at Red Letter Quilts :) Starting this month, Patty at Elm Street Quilts will be the new hostess for this challenge, and I'm ready to get cracking :D Here's my November entry, involving a dinosaur D9P quilt.  Last month my goal was to cut out the squares and start on the blocks (and I reached my goal - cutting done, 7 of the 9 blocks assembled).  This month I want to finish the last 2 blocks, QAYG quilt them, then trim them down to the correct size.

D9P blocks 8 & 9 ready to be assembled

Left = the 7 blocks ready to be quilted.  Right = the batting cut out for the 9 blocks, and the squares for the two last blocks to be assembled.  
I found the last of the pictures of my  Halloween finishes for this year - skeleton puppets for several of the neighbour kids and for some greats (niece + nephews), along with bat finger puppets that either got tucked into cards, or tucked into treat bags :)  This is 2 different sets of skeletons - on the first set I had forgotten to stitch the mouth on before sewing the pieces together, so I had to draw them in with permanent marker (I wasn't happy about that!).  On the second set the mouths are stitched on - a much nicer look, in my opinion :)

Skeleton Hand Puppets (pattern here)

Another set of skeleton hand puppets (pattern here)

Bat finger puppets (pattern here)
AHA, lol - I forgot about this little guy that I made either in September or October ... a simple bunny hand puppet made from a washcloth!  I sent him off as part of a Christmas gift for a great nephew :)

Bunny bathmit hand puppet - tutorial here :)


Posted to OMG for November :)

7 comments:

  1. Love that dinosaur fabric! Thanks for linking up with One Monthly Goal - good luck on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you and your finger puppets. I am putting together a sewing kit for great-nieces with felt and floss to make finger puppets with. Something relatively lightweight to be shipping to singapore. Love those skeleton puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My OMG would have to be OMGIAGSD challeng for,"Oh my goddess, I actually got something done." I think a goddess is more likely to take my crafting needs more seriously. After seeing all this stuff you got finished, I am off to my sewing room to get more quilting done. Maybe right after some coffee. And a game of Bubble Witch 2. I should really check Twitter and Reddit, too. Then the quilting for sure...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, it's great to see your small projects, which are ever so cute! I really need to take some time and make some blog posts. I made several quilt tops over the summer, and I've finished up a few other things... or sort-of finished them. Anyway, I should be better about sharing. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching your OMG goal! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your quilt and I love all your puppets :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the puppets! And I bet the kids did too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love your skeleton finger puppets. Bet the kids did, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails