Monday, February 1, 2010

Sewing with knits - YIKES!

For the February "12 months/12 sewing challenges" challenge, we have to sew something with knit fabric. I haven't done that in 30 years!! I remember making a really simple dress back in 1980 (I know the year because I made it for work, and I was working at Giffords, LOL) with a pretty purpley knit fabric I had purchased at BouClair on Baseline Road in Ottawa :D I was a lot skinnier back then and the drapey fabric looked good on my (somewhat overly) curvy figure. Now I would just look like a sausage stuffed in a stocking, LOLOL. So I doubt I'll be making an item of clothing, but I'll find SOMEthing to make :D

5 comments:

  1. I would have a hard time figuring out what to make with knit too....hmmm, i am sure you'll come up with something cool...I would just probably make a headband/hairband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the kind of fabric that gets caught in those toothy things (note technical term)beneath the presser foot???

    I seem to remember holes in home ec projects of mine because of the above problem! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about one of those patchwork scarfs? Combine the knit with PW fabric and make it just you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I feel the same way, however Sis Boom just came out with a new pattern for a bubble outfit (baby size) that would look great on ALlison for the summer. I have some knit that I ordered by mistake that would be perfect for it. But I will have to wait until it gets a little closer to warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know..sewing with knits! Definitely a challenge! I hope mine works out ok.. Good luck with whatever you choose to make for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails