Monday, January 30, 2017

TR ... tr ... tr ... TRIA :)

A few January finishes:

"Use up scraps and extra ribbon" zippies ;)

Orange and pink zipper pouch

A close-up of the cute bird zipper pull :)

Construction wallet :)

Batman wallet :)

My first new project of the year - a TRIA Coin Purse - pattern from AppleGreen Cottage on Craftsy.com - link to pattern here :)  It's a very simple pattern, but it's very small, and my fiddly arthritic fingers struggled with it.  It finished to 5" wide X 4.5" tall - I posed it with a can of nectar of the gods Diet Dr. Pepper to show that it's rather itty bitty :D  I totally forgot to install the little tab that it's supposed to have - I even MADE the tab, but forgot to stitch it on - oops!  I won't make another one that small - I upsized the pattern by 25% to make it easier for me to work on, and will try it out.  The problem was not the pattern - it's rated for Intermediate sewers and that's very accurate.  The problem is mine, but I think it'll be a very easy fix, so I give it 2 thumbs up :)  No raw edges - YAY - and she designed the pattern so that the lining fits perfectly into the outside without bunching and scrunching - I like that Damjana went the extra mile to give us a pattern for such a nicely finished bag :)


Posting to Celtic Thistle Stitches January New to Me linky :)

6 comments:

  1. well done Sandra such lovely work,you have given me inspiration to try one,thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little birdie zipper pull is adorable. You must have quite a collection. Great finishes. Love the grey zippies especially, and Damjana's little coin purse is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lining that fits! If only every pattern was like that Sandra, I hate it when the lining is all bunched up inside a pouch.
    Cute birdie pull too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pouches and I love the little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little gold birdie! Also, the Tria is a cute little thing. That would be a great stocking stuffer, Once again, you have done sooooo much! I am always impressed. Still working on the hard quilting here. I will be so glad to get it finished. All future projects will be machine quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see your little zipper pulls, I get so aggravated with myself for never remembering to cute my pouches up this way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails