Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome Husqvarna 6240 :D




Here's my sturdy new little girl - I have such bad luck with sewing machines - I think I plumb wear them out. I really wanted a basic workhorse machine that wouldn't get the $hits when I use it for more than 5 minutes in one day --- and I think this girl is going to fit the bill. I bought it on kijiji - as near as I can tell, the machine was made in 1976 (that's the date on the manual, anyways) - this thing is HEAVY! The machine body is metal, and it runs like a charm. The seller said she has her machines serviced regularly and I don't think she was exaggerating - the machine ran perfectly from the minute we turned it on to test it! I made a crazy quilt block to test things out - I'm a happy camper!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new sewing machine!! The older mechanical machines are, I think, much less prone to having hissy fits. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you amaze me with all you get done!! your workhorse looks great.
    I am so glad to have you for friend.
    Patty pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for the newest addition in your home. Loved the instruction booklet--that brings back memories!!! Glad to see it is working so well too!!!!! Man, does this mean you are going to make even MORE than you do already? You are the most prolific quilter I know!!!!!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you have a new machine that is a trooper! and I LOVE the crazy quilt block...it's very pretty, someday I'll try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, that is one sweet looking machine! Can't wait to see what things you'll all put 'er through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new sewing machine. I hope this one lasts you for a long time. I do love that pretty pink block you made with it too!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new machine!!

    I especially love that pink crazy thing!!! It's so vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there a stretch stich in your Husqvarna sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I gave the machine away a very long time ago, and I don't remember if there were stretch stitches or not.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails