Thursday, November 9, 2017

Floral and teacups fabric = no more :D

I've used up the last of the pretty floral and teacups fabrics that my friends Mickie and Carol gifted to me when I visited them in August :)  These 3 bags qualify for Bag It 2017 - hi Patty! :)




I ended up making 10 bags with this collection of prints, and all of them are going to the counselling center.  Mickie, Carol - thank you, and I hope you like how your gift ended up :D 


More stash sewing - I used up these 2m cuts of fabric for a set of pillowcases for the counselling center :)  I have more fabric picked out for stash busting pillowcase creating purposes ... as well, and also along the lines of stash sewing, I'm working on a Christmas gift project that should use up a few meters of stash.   It involves zippers.  SURPRISE!  :D  Details to follow at a time and place TBD ;)  So far, flamingos and dinosaurs and doggos* and sharks are involved ... and I think some mice will be joining in for fun :D

*BTW - speaking of doggos, have you seen the We Rate Dogs site on Twitter?  I don't Twitter but I get occasional updates about funny posts, so I hop over to check things out.  This compilation arrived this morning and made me laugh ... the Iraqi Speed Kangaroo is particularly funny :D  If you have a few spare minutes and could use a laugh, check it out (NAYY) :)

10 comments:

  1. Just scrolling back through all the posts I've missed - good heavens you have been busy, girl, I don't know anyone who makes more than you!!! You are a WHIZ. Such beautiful workmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment at maaksels van CarlaK, Sandra !
    Nice pouches over here too ! (those teacups !!!)
    Keep on smiling, love from Belgium, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly made great use of your gifted fabric Sandra. I love those dogs, the rug and the carpet photos were hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing eye candy AND cute dogs. You are too generous sharing all this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy and good for you using up more stash! I think you are my biggest competitor in Bag It, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pillowcases are definitely great stash busters! I've finished the three I started last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi back! Great bags - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been really productive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for sewing from your stash! I have seen the We Rate Dogs, or at least an article about it... pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely stuff ... now off to follow the link xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails