Tuesday, May 29, 2012

iPenguin :)

Clarence the Penguin!
I'd like to introduce you to Clarence the Penguin :D  I bought the pattern a while ago from a fellow Canadian - Christy Mooney from the Etsy shop JuneandJuly :)  The pattern is called Clara but this is for a little boy so his name is Clarence :D

Pattern review (my own opinion only!):  the pattern is fabulous - well written, well photographed, and very easy to make.  This was my first one so cutting and assembly etc. probably took a bit under 2 hours, including me doing laundry at the same time, LOL.  I didn't run into any difficulties, and only made a couple of very minor changes.  I appliqued his eyes as I don't do embroidery (and I didn't want to use a button or google eyes because it's for a little guy), and when I stitched the body right sides together, I used a 3/8" seam allowance instead of 1/4" - that gave me a bit of extra fabric and made it easier to turn under and close the opening.  Next time I might add a bit of stuffing to his little wingies.

Clarence is sized perfectly for littlies - he's about 6" x 6" (15cms) plus his little wings.  For older kids I might try resizing the pattern up by about 50%.  More Clarences and Claras will follow - I really REALLY like this pattern :)

10 comments:

  1. Your penguin is much cuter than the ones on her website. The gingham makes the little penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute one! I'm off to check out June and July--cute name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. He's going to be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I love the penguin, so cute.

    ;.)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Corina.
    think I have to buy that pattern

    tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose your fabrics well :) LOL He is the cutest little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie, he's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails