Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inspired by Janine ...

A month ago I spotted a sweet bag on this blog -- I pinned it, then made the bag a few weeks ago.  The denim is from the 2 meter piece I got at a thrift store a few months ago for a buck, and the other fabrics and lace are from stash :)



I wanted to get some plastic to make a base for the bottom, to give it some more body.  I got a couple of pieces of plastic canvas @ Michaels this past weekend - it's a bit more flexible than I would like, but it's not bad.  I cut one piece into 3 layers and wrapped it in the outer fabric.  Ta da!!!!!!!!!!!!  (I guess I should have ironed the lining before taking the pictures, lol!)

Thanks Janine, for the inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I love denim bags and this one is perfect. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, pretty! I use heavy duty interfacing for bag bottoms. That sounds like a flimsy material but it's not. It's tougher than plastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails