Last week I started a backpack - it was a trial run to see if I liked the pattern. It worked out OK, but I'm not thrilled with it. I did make a major change in the pattern - I quilted the outer pieces onto batting - that changed worked out well, and my quilting looks quite lovely (IIDSSM) :) Unfortunately the snap closure (I only had black - it would have been so much nicer in white!) doesn't work right - I can't get it open - a small piece inside cracked when I was trying to put the 2 pieces together, and I'm not sure I can get it to work *ughhh*. I think I'd like to try a different backpack pattern next - I'm just not in love with this design. I'd like the straps to be adjustable, I'd like a tab on the back so it can be hung on a hook, it could use a pocket or two, and I'd really REALLY like to have the lining fit better :D
And one last photo - this is a pouch I made for my SIL - she wanted a bag made with fabric related to walking, to hold her techy toys for her walks :D I didn't have walking fabric per se, but did find these in stash - they're Laurie Wisbrun prints, lol. The finished bag measures 9"w x 7"t x 2.5"w - as per her request :D The measuring tape tab on the side is a reminder of the miles/kms she walks :) I think she liked it - who wouldn't like donkeys in rainboots, LOL!
Posted to Monday Makers! #9 :)