My friend Khris in Australia recently posted a tutorial for a tote bag she had designed. I decided it needed to be tested here in Canada, hehe, so I whipped one up tonight using some stash remants :) I tried to use up all of the bits and pieces I had left, so I used the lining fabric for the outside pocket. I had enough scraps left over to make a very small zipper bag, but I'll make that tomorrow. Once I got the orientation organized (my fabric is directional so I had to make a few changes to the layout) I whipped the bag up in just a couple of hours. I added Warm and Natural batting to mine which gives it the "heft" I like ;) It finished up to 17" x 11" x 3" :)
It worked out perfectly, and I already have fabrics picked out to make a couple more of these lovely bags, lol. Thanks so much for the tutorial and idea, Khris!