Friday, February 24, 2012

Patchwork triplets :)



Beaded pull 1

Beaded pull 2

Beaded pull #3
Here we go - a trio of bags made using fabric purchased a few years ago as scrap bags from Evelyns in Newmarket.  I took one of the bags of scraps and cut them into 3 1/4" squares to make pieced fronts.  One of the strips wasn't wide enough for squares so I used it as the top strip of the centre bag :D  The squares are quilted to Warm and Natural batting with twin needle stitching around each seam.  The backing is a yardage remnant of one of the prints from the front, also twin needle quilted onto batting.  They worked out quite well, I think!

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the patchwork look of these bags! They are super!!!
    Hugs,
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would have thought of the addition of lace with the patchwork and it looks incredible. As always, I envy your beautiful zipper pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet - and I love the twin needle stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails