Saturday, February 23, 2008

More stash used = 5 more bibs :)

I had to redo a section of the bright string baby quilt - I used the wrong presser foot to assemble the section. I always use the width of my foot as my seam width, so there was a difference in between the first and second set --- too much to "fudge". I had to rip apart the seam attaching the two rows together, then redo each of the seams putting the blocks together. Oh yes, it was fun. NOT! I use a 1.2 stitch length for most of my sewing, so froggy stitching is a bitch!! But it's fixed, and now I just have to assemble the last section .. using the right foot this time ;)

I picked up a metre of brown flannel at Fabricland yesterday and used it to finish up some scraps my girlfriend Chris had given me (circus animal flannel) - I got 5 bibs done, with a few tiny scraps left over. Not enough for another bib, so I'll save the scraps for crumb blocks.

I also got light purple flannel so I can use up the rest of the purple scraps I have. I think I have enough purple for 3 or 4 bibs. After that will be the cat flannel. I'm getting quite a collection for C4C!!

1 comment:

  1. Those bibs are adorable. Someday I'll have a grandchild I can make some bibs for.


Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!


Related Posts with Thumbnails