Thursday, January 31, 2008

Red Floral Crumb quilt completed :)

Bad sewing machine day yesterday and the day before - Babylock not working properly again, and now the "new" (vintage) Kenmore won't even make a proper stitch. I don't know what I did in a previous life, but obviously it was pretty bad! I have 3 sewing machines here that don't work - it's very depressing, and makes me cry with frustration. My husband/kids think it's bizarre that I would cry over sewing machines, but I suspect my quilty/sewy friends understand where I'm coming from ;)

I borrowed my neighbours little sewing machine last night (another Kenmore) and happily, it worked GREAT. She never uses it - I'm not giving it back until they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!! ;) I forgot how nice it was to sew and sew and sew with no thread breakage, no needle breakage, no nesting, no seam screw uppage - I'm not used to smooth sailing with my machines. I finished up crumb quilt #2 -- 54 X 72" Red Floral Crumbs. This is another donation quilt :)

Off to the studio to decide what to work on today ;)

1 comment:

  1. yeppers...I knew you'd find a way! Glad you 're better and I wish I could play with your Kenmore...I KNOW I could fix it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails