Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bag for Cade :)


Shrinky Dink zipper pull :D

I was recently asked to make a bag for a young lad - I hope he likes it!  This was my first time using Shrinky Dink - it was pretty freaky when it curled around itself in the oven, lol!  After a bit of poking with a pin and another round in the oven, it straightened itself out - WHEW!  Next time I'll try a picture - the instructions linked to some pdf files with fun things to trace - robots and aliens and fairies etc. :)

(LANT [learn a new technique] = the zipper pull!)

3 comments:

  1. Cool bag - I remember Shrinky Dink, loved it when I was a kid and had great fun with my boys using it. I can see I missed all kinds of great applications for it, lol...the name tag is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shrinky Dink looks interesting. Is it in craft stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, well done on the new technique! Shrink plastic (as us reserved Brits call it) is so much fun. Little tip for you - it will probably be curly when you take it out of the oven, put something flat and heavy-ish on it. I use a wooden stamp and just push it down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails