Friday, June 10, 2011

I did it I did it I did it I DID IT!!!

I embroidered with my new embroidery machine!  It wasn't missing the program as I originally thought - the problem was MOI, not the machine.  HA!!!!  I still really have no idea what I'm doing, but I did manage to do a stitch-out tonight!

 The manual is really poor (and actually contains quite a few typos - very unprofessional!) and doesn't explain a lot of stuff.  I was pretty much flying blind the whole time, and had all fingers, toes and legs crossed :)

 I also didn't figure out until the second colour change, which colour to use first, as the computer doesn't say - it just says Colour 1.  Now I know to follow the colours in the order they're listed on the pattern :)  I also don't know how to trim the threads properly at the beginning and end of each colour change.  I guess I need to practice a lot! ;)

If you can tell what this is, my attempt was a success!! 

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS GIRLFRIEND!!! It looks awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!!! LOve it!!!! Have fun Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, it turned out great!! Terry in MN

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH- you did it you did it you did it! I am SO PROUD of you! It's golf clubs, right? Yay! Do you have some little curved scissors? They curve up at the tip and make snipping jump threads a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golf clubs in a golf bag? It looks good to me -- and I'm impressed you've done so well with a manual that's so poorly written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure looks fancy. You have done a beautiful job making the golf bag. Now I hope I did recognise it right. There is always some risk when you just put it out there. I am sure this is just the beginning of many lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a perfect first embroydery.
    congrats!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails