Monday, June 20, 2011

PhD #'s 4-6 :)

I don't think I posted these when they were completed - one was done last month, two this month.  Only 1 more to go, and then I'll have done all 7 UFO's I signed up for in Myra's PhD Challenge, YAY!  These are all "empty the scrap bin and use up stash" quilts, backed with polar fleece (mostly freecycled fleece blankets), and will be donated to a nearby shelter.

I should have shaken out the wrinkles on this one - I found it in the spare bedroom thrown on the floor in a pile of stuff :D  54" x 72" (approx.)

 Still wet from being washed!  54" x 72" (approx.)

Also 54" x 72" (approx.), and also wet from being washed :)

Here's #7, the last one that needs to be finished by June 30 - I'll start working on it this week :)  That burgundy fleece is a blanket that I received on freecycle - it's the perfect colour to use for the backing :D

4 comments:

  1. wow, you made 3 quilts in 2 months! And you give them away, you are so generous with your time and resources

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up scraps. And congratulations on almost completing the PhD Challenge. I'll bet that feels satisfying.

    Oh and the puppy from the previous post is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!! That must feel so great to have used up so much of your stash this way. Super idea for the backing. I must try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of you girl! Those are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails